Home Alarm Systems
A security system is only useful if it is properly installed, maintained, and used consistently. At Urban Alarm, we offer flexible and complete solutions for your specific needs. We can install a new system in your home or take over the monitoring of the one already in place. We use the best practices in the industry to ensure that you have a cost-effective, reliable, and easy-to-use solution for your security needs.
At Urban Alarm, we provide security alarm system installation in existing homes as well as new construction homes. Typically, for new construction homes, we install hardwired security system systems. Wireless systems are commonly used for retrofitting a system in existing homes.
Features and Benefits of Residential Alarm Systems
- No long-term monitoring contracts: we keep our customers because they are happy with the service, not because they are locked into a long-term contract.
- High quality product: the alarm systems installed by Urban Alarm use equipment that is widely considered to be of the highest quality and is mostly manufactured in the United States.
- Variety of solutions: we offer more options for monitoring communications than any other alarm company in the region.Some examples are: phone line, internet, cellular, and SNAP Radio. In most new installations, we recommend monitoring with at least two communication paths.
- Convenience: our mobile applications allow you to manage your alarm system through your mobile phone or a web browser. Capabilities include basic arming and disarming of the system, as well as user management, schedule management, and more.
- Trust: all staff are employees and have background checks. We do not send subcontractors into your home.
- Mobile Patrol: our Mobile Community Patrol is available to check your house, respond to alarms, and provide various concierge services. Urban Alarm is the only alarm company in Washington DC with a mobile patrol.
Typical Applications of Alarm Systems
A basic alarm system will cover all of your entry doors and ground-accessible windows. As a second line of detection, it will also include several interior motion sensors. A more comprehensive alarm system will cover all windows with sensors so as to detect if doors and windows are opened, as well as if glass panes are broken.
Systems will have one or more “keypads” in areas where you may want to arm or disarm the system or simply check its status. Other common controls include panic buttons and environmental sensors (for monitoring combustible gas, water, and/or temperature sensors).
During consultations, we will discuss your specific property and concerns you may have. Upon review, we will present various options and make specific recommendations to meet your needs.
Urban Alarm Monitoring Service
Urban Alarm offers more options for alarm system monitoring than any other alarm company in the Washington DC region. Each option has its advantages.
In most cases we recommend alarm monitoring via IP (i.e. Internet), with backup monitoring via Cellular or SNAP Radio. This approach offers the speed and performance of the Internet with the reliability of two pathways. SNAP Radio (where available) offers one of the most reliable options in the industry.
Our monitoring centers give you Total Peace of Mind because they:
- Are Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL) Listed as a result of meeting the industry standards for burglary and fire protective signaling
- Are Members of the National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) and the Security Industry Association (SIA), which aid in staying current on new technological advances
- Employ the latest in telephone technology so calls are quick and dependable
- Utilize two generators for extended power backup during adverse conditions
- Operate two computer systems, each, for alarm processing and backup
- Have Quality Assurance Teams monitor calls to ensure accurate and professional service